Answers to common questions about JWildfire
- What is JWildfire Sanctuary ?
JWildfire is a free, software based (windows, mac and linux) , fractal flame generator and editor (tina), which uses a variety of algorithms to generate beautiful fractal flame art, which you can use for your own purposes.
- Where can I download it ?
- Is it free?
There are two versions, a Steam Powered version (using the steam library) which is paid for, but offers advantages, and is available here. Or 100% free version available from the link above, but it is strongly urged that you make a donation toward it’s continual improvement.
- Is it available for other platforms ?
It is available for Microsoft Windows, Mac and Linux. There is a smaller lighter version available for Android devices.
- How do I install JWildfire for Windows ?
- Is there a JWildfire Sanctuary manual ?
Yes, in the latest version there are some guides and instructions placed throughout the software. There is also an absolute wealth of guides, tutorials on this website and a great community willing to help you learn.
- Can I use my creations however I want ?
Yes, there’s no restrictions on what you do with your created images.
- What are flames ?
Flames are the set of parameters that create a fractal flame image. They can be copied and pasted into JWildfire to recreate images made by others. You can browse a huge collection of them here
- What are scripts ?
Scripts, are an automatic way of generating flames with random settings. Once a script is installed, it can be run to generate many different flames. There are lots of scripts to try out here
- If I use someones flame or a script to make a fractal , do I need to credit its creator ?
Yes, you must always make sure to credit anyone’s work used in helping you make a design. In the case of scripts, it’s required that you post a link to where you obtained the script, so that others can find and use this themselves.
- Where can I get support for the software?
- Where can I get downloads and other additional resources for JWildfire?
- Are there any other websites I can take a look at ?